The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 220,000 times in 2011. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 9 days for that many people to see it.
Click here to see the complete report.
I wonder why the stats are off for WordPress. They say “about 220, times” but it’s actually very easy to get the exact number by simply adding the totals for each month from January to December. That’s easy enough to find by by clicking on “Site Stats” and adding up each month’s hits.
The views for each month break down to: Jan-18,816, Feb-20,272, Mar-19,506, April-14,842, May-16,524, June-15,502, July-13,575, Aug-15,818, Sep-19,799, Oct-30,406, Nov-32,841, Dec-30,708 for a total of 287,697 views. WOW! I remember when I started this blog that I’d be happy to see 100 views in a day. I’ve now received more than 30,000 views per month for the past 3 months. That’s an average of 1,000 views each day! (Not including my own!) Thank you to each viewer for visiting the site! 🙂
A big thanks to Muscat Mutterings, Dhofar Gucci and Angry in Oman who have sent traffic my way! (and others!) 🙂
Highlights of my blogging experience in 2011 include:
- reaching 250,000 hits in June
- Being invited to media events such as the launching of Merge 104.8 FM, launching of the Women’s Sailing Programme by Oman Sail, the opening of Chedi’s Spa, invite and free facial at Kaya Skin Clinic, the announcement of ROHM’s Second Season and a number of other events I was not able to attend.
- Meeting up in person with several bloggers this year including Mr. Sythe from Muscat Mutterings, Riyadh from Blue-Chi.com, the delightful MumoftheAnimals, Susan Al Shahri – Canadian-Omani journalist (and blogger) from Muscat Daily, Victoria from SultanateSocial, Rummy from Rummy’s Scriblings (and Rummy’s Doodles), Maria of Maria’s Chronicles, and last but definitely not least, Maurizio of Oman Collective Intelligence. Sorry if I’ve missed anyone. That’s my memory for you!
- Got my friend Jess blogging! 🙂
- The dozens and dozens of people who approached me to tell me they enjoy my blog. Thanks, folks! I am quite shy but I do appreciate such moments. 🙂
- One of the big highlights of blogging in 2011 was being “Freshly Pressed” by WordPress on Nov. 1st for my post on Don Quixote at Royal Opera House Muscat in which I received 2,706 in one day! (87 comments already on that post!
- Reaching 400,000 hits on New Year’s day! (technically part of 2012 but a highlight nevertheless and close enough!)
Thanks again to you, the viewer, for continuing to read this old blog of mine! 🙂 God bless each and every one of you throughout 2012!