I’m not sure why this is, but whenever I open Internet Explorer on my wife’s Toshiba Satellite, which I bought her last Christmas, the browser immediately gives me the latest news on MSN Arabia. A lot of times it’s the common “buy this” or “buy that” advertising thrown in with news headlines around the world.
Today I was rather shocked by one of the articles on MSN Arabia titled, “Casual Sex Between Casual Friends” with a provocative pic of two young people poking out from under bedsheets as if they had just committed fornication. (This article is also listed on the side of the MSN website under “Don’t Miss” and “Most Commented“) This is the kind of garbage I would expect from Canadian websites like “sympatico” when I’d sign out of hotmail. I thought the Middle East was proud of their more conservatism and family values.
Here are some of the words from the article which clearly promote such a nasty lifestyle:
- ‘Friends with Benefits’ (FWBs) is probably the thing you’re looking for”
- “Because there is no commitment or responsibility, one is free from feelings of hurt, pain, etc. and this can be a very honest and practical way of going about in relationships.'”
- ” ‘Friends with Benefits’ is not a bad way to go about relationships.”
- “If, god willing, you fall in love at some point“…Imagine promoting such a sinful lifestyle and then putting “God” into the conversation. Blasphemous!
- “Remember, it’s about having an unspoken agreement between you and your friend to have occasional sex, leaving out the emotional baggage.”
- “Make sure the intimacy of this relationship is just between the two of you, without making it a public deal.”
- “Just enjoy the moments without fretting much.”
Shame on you MSN Arabia for promoting such a nasty, satanic “if-it-feels-good-just-do-it” lifestyle! There are many people who are easily led astray by such “advice columns” and you may well have given young, impressionable people a green light to continue in the paths of unrighteousness.
Anyone else find this nasty or strange that MSN Arabia would promote “Friends with Benefits”?