Nice to see Timeout Muscat’s Spring 2013 edition in the magazine stands. Only 2 Omani rials or about $5 US.
This is a pretty decent issue with Features including:
- Radar – gossip and inside information. This edition sees Muscat Muttering‘s Freddie Sythe in his first column titled “The Muscat Insider“! (with “a few suggestions for free things to do to help relax and work up a sweat around town“)
- News bites – Including Coming Events and tourism related info.
- Exclusive interview with Chris Tucker (He performed here in Oman on March 4th – Here’s a short 10 minute youtube clip (audio) from his performance for those of us who missed it:)
- Pink Halwa – new Arabi-inspired t-shirt line designed by Omani Fatma Alsaleh
Other (regular) Contents include:
- Sightseeing: Coming performances at Royal Opera House Muscat & Sightseeing Directory
- Consume: New restaurant reviews (including 2 large reviews of Asia and Grand Fish Market, Restaurant listings, Nightlife interview with DD Foxx, Nightlife listings, Shopping article on movie posters and Shopping & Style listings
- Time Off: Art & Culture (Ghalya’s Museum), Art & Culture listings, Body & Mind: juice diets, Body & Mind Listings, Kids: Picnic recipes, Kids listings, Sports & Outdoor: workout in 10, and Sport & Outdoor listings
- Essentials: Resources, Getting around, Where to stay and Map
Anyone else pick up the new Time Out Muscat? If so, what do you think? We are pretty impressed with this edition and hope that the Time Out crew continue to improve this magazine with each passing season. I figure that it only makes good business sense as more and more folks hopefully go out and buy it. I mean “Come on, folks! How many magazines does Muscat have anyway? Let’s show them some support!” 🙂