Chedi Summer Promotion
- "The suppression of ideas and thought is a major sin, and we will never allow anyone to stifle freedom of thought." (His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said)
- Omazing Oman! | Andreasens Abroad on The Secret Cave at Wadi Shab! A Definite Must See/Do in Oman!
- pentosidine elisa kit mouse on Hot Pot & Grills Restaurant in Bareeq al-Shatti Mall
- Roger Mortimore on The Breath-Taking Salalah-Hasik Road!!! Mountains, Cliffs and Beaches!
- Anonymous on Omantel – Worst Customer Service in Oman!
- Shagyidah on Scorpions in Oman!!!
- prashanth ug on Omantel – Worst Customer Service in Oman!
- Aliearia03 on The Ancient City of Qalhat
- Awesome Things That You Can Try in Muscat – Parchi Travel Diary on The Natural History Museum, Muscat, Oman
- Ronnie on Duqm Floating Hotel Veronica
- Anonymous on “Animal World”, Muscat, Oman
- HARSH TULSYAN on Omantel – Worst Customer Service in Oman!
- ramesh on Omantel – Worst Customer Service in Oman!
- tasneem on It’s all in the Delivery…
- Web Design Liverpool on Al Kasfah Hot Spring, Al Rustaq
- Sumtech Seoid on Zanzibar Bakery & Confectionery, North Al Hail
- Yitti or Yiti Beach
- The Haunted House of Muscat?!
- Fazayah Beach(es): Our Salalah Tour (Part 5 of 5)
- Restaurants: Quick-Find Guide
- Just One More Day Before I Win 1,000,000 OR from bank muscat! :-)
- The Children's Museum in Shatti Al Qurum, Muscat: Educating & Entertaining for 20 Years!
- Canon - Muscat Main Branch in Al-Araimi Complex
- Ads (57)
- Amazing Grace (38)
- Amouage (1)
- Animals (44)
- Art (117)
- Beach Games (8)
- Beaches (97)
- Blogging (55)
- Books (20)
- charity (45)
- church (149)
- concert (38)
- culture (159)
- desert (5)
- Dubai (23)
- Duqm (4)
- education/language (44)
- fashion (1)
- Fireworks (9)
- Forts (61)
- Fun Things To Do (94)
- Gadgets Toys and Products (16)
- guest speaker (8)
- Health (33)
- History (103)
- Hotel (67)
- Humor (54)
- Ibri (57)
- Language Problems (27)
- Magazines (12)
- Masirah Island (5)
- Mountains (47)
- Movies (37)
- Musandam (9)
- Muscat Festival (28)
- Museums (34)
- Muttrah (40)
- Nizwa (3)
- Oman in the News (102)
- parenthood (46)
- Parks (23)
- Photo Challenge (33)
- Products (13)
- Rants (49)
- restaurants (141)
- ROP (5)
- Royal Opera House Muscat (23)
- Salalah (43)
- Scuba (17)
- Sermon (32)
- Sifah (6)
- Sinkholes (5)
- social events (71)
- Sohar (12)
- Some Thoughts (240)
- Sports (45)
- Teaching Overseas (1)
- The Bible (105)
- tourist sites (165)
- Toys (1)
- Turtles (7)
- UAE (46)
- Uncategorized (223)
- Wadis (37)
- Waterfalls (8)
January 2018 S S M T W T F « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 1,827,128 hits
Category Archives: Beach Games
Jetski Sport – “Athletes in this extreme water sport compete in racing or freestyle events on personal water craft. Judged for speed, skill, agility and riding ability this sport is competed around the globe.”
Like the 1st Asian Beach Games in Bali, there were 4 four categories of racing: Ski Open, Runabout Open, Runabout 800 Superstock, and Endurance. The wife and I had the opportunity to watch the 2nd event of Jetski “Runabout Endurance Open” at “Final Motor 2” area of Al Musannah Sports City.
Here is the gold medalist of the Jetski Runabout Endurance Open, Aero Sutan Aswar from Indonesia. At only 16 years of age, he is the youngest to win a jetski gold medal in the Asian Beach Games! Read more about his win (with great pics) here!
China was devastating the Thai team in the 2nd match. If you don’t believe me, just check out the scoreboard in the pic above! Then suddenly…out came the “dancing girls” during a break. (Here’s the video my wife took of them dancing to the official song/theme of the 2nd ABG: “Together We Shine”. I was buying stamps…story for later, ha!ha!) Hmm…Anyone else find this somewhat odd? (That there was such provocative dancing, I mean…not that I was buying stamps, ha!ha!)
I missed most of this match but my wife stayed for the entire thing. China ended up winning by a long shot! Here’s a video of the last 3 minutes of this gold medal match!
These obnoxious western spectators thought they were “the cat’s meow”. It reminds me of that classic Right Said Fred song, “I’m too sexy for my shirt. Too sexy for my shirt. So sexy it hurts!” ha!ha!
From the “Muscat 2010 Promotion Brochure III”: “Making its Summer Olympic debut in Atlanta 1996, beach volleyball has been a popular sport since the 1920s. Originally played to give bored surfers something to do when the surf was down, the game quickly grew in recognition and is now a regular sight on some of the most famous beaches in the world.”
One of the athletes from Brunei took at least 2 big falls during the match. This second fall took too much out of him and he wasn’t able to keep playing, thereby losing the match for his team and guaranteeing the victory for Oman!
He must have really hurt himself as he was lying there for quite a few minutes before the officials declared the match over. There really was no point in going on though as the Omani team had already won the first set (by a long shot) and were close to winning the 2nd set anyway.
Ahmed showing some love and gratitude to the fans!
It was cool to attend one of the matches in which Oman got a medal! 🙂 Oman did far better than anyone could have imagined! Oman came in 3rd place with 15 medals (5 gold, 3 silver, 7 bronze)! Thailand was 1st with 36 medals (15 gold, 10 silver and 11 bronze). China came in 2nd, earning 12 gold, 6 silver and 5 bronze for a total of 26 medals. “Mubaruk!” to all Omani athletes and to all Beach Games organizers and volunteers! 🙂 The Games were a smashing success!