Chedi Summer Promotion
- "The suppression of ideas and thought is a major sin, and we will never allow anyone to stifle freedom of thought." (His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said)
- Omazing Oman! | Andreasens Abroad on The Secret Cave at Wadi Shab! A Definite Must See/Do in Oman!
- pentosidine elisa kit mouse on Hot Pot & Grills Restaurant in Bareeq al-Shatti Mall
- Roger Mortimore on The Breath-Taking Salalah-Hasik Road!!! Mountains, Cliffs and Beaches!
- Anonymous on Omantel – Worst Customer Service in Oman!
- Shagyidah on Scorpions in Oman!!!
- prashanth ug on Omantel – Worst Customer Service in Oman!
- Aliearia03 on The Ancient City of Qalhat
- Awesome Things That You Can Try in Muscat – Parchi Travel Diary on The Natural History Museum, Muscat, Oman
- Ronnie on Duqm Floating Hotel Veronica
- Anonymous on “Animal World”, Muscat, Oman
- HARSH TULSYAN on Omantel – Worst Customer Service in Oman!
- ramesh on Omantel – Worst Customer Service in Oman!
- tasneem on It’s all in the Delivery…
- Web Design Liverpool on Al Kasfah Hot Spring, Al Rustaq
- Sumtech Seoid on Zanzibar Bakery & Confectionery, North Al Hail
- Yitti or Yiti Beach
- The Haunted House of Muscat?!
- Fazayah Beach(es): Our Salalah Tour (Part 5 of 5)
- Restaurants: Quick-Find Guide
- Just One More Day Before I Win 1,000,000 OR from bank muscat! :-)
- The Children's Museum in Shatti Al Qurum, Muscat: Educating & Entertaining for 20 Years!
- Canon - Muscat Main Branch in Al-Araimi Complex
- Ads (57)
- Amazing Grace (38)
- Amouage (1)
- Animals (44)
- Art (117)
- Beach Games (8)
- Beaches (97)
- Blogging (55)
- Books (20)
- charity (45)
- church (149)
- concert (38)
- culture (159)
- desert (5)
- Dubai (23)
- Duqm (4)
- education/language (44)
- fashion (1)
- Fireworks (9)
- Forts (61)
- Fun Things To Do (94)
- Gadgets Toys and Products (16)
- guest speaker (8)
- Health (33)
- History (103)
- Hotel (67)
- Humor (54)
- Ibri (57)
- Language Problems (27)
- Magazines (12)
- Masirah Island (5)
- Mountains (47)
- Movies (37)
- Musandam (9)
- Muscat Festival (28)
- Museums (34)
- Muttrah (40)
- Nizwa (3)
- Oman in the News (102)
- parenthood (46)
- Parks (23)
- Photo Challenge (33)
- Products (13)
- Rants (49)
- restaurants (141)
- ROP (5)
- Royal Opera House Muscat (23)
- Salalah (43)
- Scuba (17)
- Sermon (32)
- Sifah (6)
- Sinkholes (5)
- social events (71)
- Sohar (12)
- Some Thoughts (240)
- Sports (45)
- Teaching Overseas (1)
- The Bible (105)
- tourist sites (165)
- Toys (1)
- Turtles (7)
- UAE (46)
- Uncategorized (223)
- Wadis (37)
- Waterfalls (8)
January 2018 S S M T W T F « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 1,827,150 hits
Category Archives: Amazing Grace
Michelle Hoffman and her 8-year old daughter Julia went home to be with the Lord as a result of a tragic car accident August 17, 2012. Although their young lives ended much too quickly for us, the quality of their short lives is a testimony to their great love for God and people. Michelle was a preschool teacher who loved children. She had a passion for kids. She took every opportunity to teach them, hug them and love them. She spent her last two years teaching at TAISM and as a Awana leader in Oman where she had the opportunity to demonstrate her love to kids from all over the world. Julia had relationships with kids of all ages and many nationalities. It is only fitting that their legacy is helping children.God opened the door to start an orphanage in a country rich with children that need proper resources and care. Michelle and Julia will always be remembered for their generous love. In life, they loved so fully and deeply. Now their legacy will continue in that love. Work began earlier this year on the Michelle & Julia Hoffman Memorial Children’s Home in Jinja, Uganda. In April the kids from the Oman Awana Club raised RO1623 to help support that work. The kids made a banner with their hand prints to share with the children who would move into the home. Today, Tuesday, December 10, 2013 the children were able to move into the home. Fifty children now have a place to call home, where they will be loved and provided for. True Impact Ministries is the sponsoring organization of the Hoffman Home and you can find out more information on their web site at http://www.trueimpactministries.com or like The Michelle & Julia Hoffman Memorial Children’s Home page on Facebook.Awana kids in Muscat, Oman on April 22, 2013 when they raised the money and made the banner.
MANY, MANY THANKS to Jennifer Macfadyen for this beautiful description of God’s amazing work of grace which came out of such unthinkable tragedy.
Here is an article from West Central Tribune titled “Move-in day at new orphanage in Uganda named for two women killed in Hwy. 12 crash“.
“And we know that in all things God works together with those who love him to bring about what is good—with those who have been called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
This video was shared on facebook by a dear friend of mine who recently lost a child. As she wrote, “Suffering. Evil. Death. All of us experience them. They consume the lives of our precious loved ones — sometimes in unspeakably horrible ways. They bend us to the ground and produce tearful groanings too deep for words. Jesus was not immune from these realities…”This is a poem written and read by John Piper, pastor at Bethelehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota, that offers a new perspective on Christmas.
If you would like to see the words as it’s read, here is another version:The story behind John Piper’s Poem, “The Innkeeper”
If you want to hear about 2 absolutely amazing women from Oman, you really need to watch this video from the 2013 TED x Talk in Muscat. Sabah al Bahlani and Safiya (Sofi) al Bahlani are a mother-daughter team that speak for those without a voice and are changing minds in how people look at “disability”. “Everyone is born for a reason, a purpose, a mission.” (Safiya al Bahlani) Amen!